October 29, 2011

Disguises

This is the time of the year for disguises. I don't know if you will receive this blog entry before or after Halloween, but either way I'm wondering. Are you reading this while you eat Halloween candy? Whether it's leftover candy or you find yourself eating the good stuff before the date, Halloween candy is hard to resist. Unfortunately, for some of us, extra pounds are disguised as seemingly harmless goodies.

Of course there are other disguises this time of the year. Some children dress in costumes while parents pretend they are just disguised because the kids wanted them to be. Do you really believe that? I think the parents just disguise the fun they are having.

Magpie Gemstones even got into the spirit this year and offered specials on certain orange and black gemstones. I wasn't fooled at all by this. They can call it a Halloween special, but it's simply a good deal disguised as something else.


If you don't need orange or black, perhaps you would enjoy grabbing something in green. Some unikite beads just went into the online store and I'm really pleased to see the enticing shapes. Not only are there some gorgeous faceted stones, you can also find several types of large hole beads for your designs. I don't know about you, but I really like a bead that I don't have to struggle with to put on wire. These unikite beads look like winners to me.

This week finds Magpie owner, Szarka, and the littlest Magpie back home from their trip to visit family in Canada. There's no disguising the fact that we are all glad to have them back. It's fun to get away, but even better to get back home.

I hope that this Fall season rich with beautiful colors finds you making beautiful jewelry. We can't disguise the sense of accomplishment you likely get from this or the joy you can give others when they receive one of your gems.

. . . never disguising the quality of our stones, we are Magpie Gemstones.

No comments:

Post a Comment