November 28, 2011

Wrappings

'Tis the season to think about wrappings. I've noted people in stores picking out wrapping paper and ribbons for holiday packages and see that celophane tape is in big demand. I wish I could say I was close enough with my shopping to think about that kind of wrapping. Unfortunately, I'm still thinking about wrapping gemstones in preparation for their later wrapping as gifts.


I was pleased to find that Magpie Gemstones could save me some time if I purchased Moldavite stones. These come already wrapped in sterling silver - what could be simpler than to put these on a chain, leather or neckwire? The moldavite comes in an array of intriguing shapes that make these pendants even more interesting.


If you would prefer to wrap your own cabs, I suggest you step into the fire and try a Mexican Fire Agate. These beauties are a favorite of many and you'll want to grab them quickly for wrapping with copper or silver wire. I like to peruse the various online jewelry venues such as Etsy and Artfire to garner new ideas for wrapping cabs.

If you would rather try your hand with biolettes, Szarka shows us how to wrap one in a video at the following link:

http://www.magpiegemstones.com/how_to_wire_wrap_a_brio.html. When I grow up, I want my wrappings to look just like hers. Magpie Gemstones has even offered us some slightly scratched briolettes to try. They are at 50% off!

It seemed as though the phone company was trying to wrap up or perhaps hold up our business this week when our phones and thus our internet went down. I guess it was a black Friday special, but we really didn't want this time off. We're happily working again after several days without service and apologize if this caused any problems in our ability to serve you.

Let us know what you are wrapping up in holiday gifts by showing us your pretties made with stones from us. We definitely enjoy showing these off for you in our Client's Blog at http://www.turquoisemagpie.blogspot.com/

. . . wrapping and mailing gemstones to you, we are Magpie Gemstones
Karen Meador, writer
www.dreamcatcherranch.net/designs

No comments:

Post a Comment