October 27, 2012

Another Client in the News

In the last post, I wrote about a Magpie Gemstones client whose work was recently published. When I (Karen, both an employee and client) finished writing that entry, I realized that we had not shared my recently published piece with you. Shame on me! If you don't blow your own horn, who is going to do it? Actually, this is more about sharing than about blowing. You might enjoy the tutorial that I wrote for the magazine.

The October-November 2012 edition of Step by Step Wire Jewelry contains a Tri-Loop Necklace that I designed earlier this year. It evolved from one of those serendipitous moments when I was goofing around with coiled wire. The tri-loops are not made on a jig, but rather constructed from a three-loop coil. The hardest part for me was remembering how I made the first one. Does that every happen to you?

The sterling silver piece that appears in the publication features some lovely amethyst gemstones from Magpie Gemstones. The second photo shows you the copper version with Magpie Gemstones' carnelian and turquoise. I finished both pieces with handmade chain and clasp.


I try not to be upset when someone compliments one of these pieces or any of my other designs by saying, "that's a nice designs, but I really like those beautiful beads!" It looks like I just need to continue getting them from Magpie Gemstones.

Blowing the horn for our wonderful clients, we are Magpie Gemstones.

Karen Meador, PhD
www.dreamcatcherranch.net/designs


No comments:

Post a Comment