April 10, 2011

This and That

This has been a nice normal week at Magpie Gemstones, except for that birthday party involving six little girls and a sleep over. I've never fully understood why it's a "SLEEP" over.


We've been taking pictures of new beads, writing their descriptions, pricing them at something fair for you, and getting them online. One of the new items is this gorgeous malachite oval bead. Every day we fill orders and rush to the post office so you can get your beads as expediently as possible. How are we doing?


One challenge for Szarka this week has been creating a rosary for a jewelry customer. I believe that learning and creative thinking have come together in this piece. It isn't quite finished, but I thought you would enjoy seeing it at this stage. I, for one, like getting my beads from someone who is actively involved in the design and creation process.



One of the things I like best about our Magpie owner's designs is her attitude about sharing. Szarka says we can copy her work shamelessly and she kindly shares with us as we do with her in the client's blog (www.turquoisemagpie.blogspot.com/) Through this exchange we all get better. It's a nice community atmosphere in which to work.

Speaking of work, I hope that you have had a chance to read the article I wrote about Lead in Jewelry. (www.magpiegemstones.com/lead_content_in_jewelry.htm) I wasn't overly interested in the topic when I initiated the article, but quickly realized that I should be paying attention. I knew that lead was a definite issue in children's toys, but knew less about its presence in jewelry. I certainly would not want my jewelry to cause a health problem for anyone and I'm thinking we all need to look after each other. Once again, it all goes back to buying from an honest bead supplier and trusting that company to look after business. Looking after business has to go past the green dollar and into caring about customers. Hmm . . . wonder if I know any company like that . . .? Hint, hint, the name initials are MG - tweet, tweet.

. . . still looking out for you, we are Magpie Gemstones

No comments:

Post a Comment