June 12, 2011

The Family That Stays Together

I think there is a saying about how "the family that plays together stays together". At Magpie Gemstones, we could write that saying several different ways, but the results would still be positive. Just in case you don't already know, let me tell you about the business.

Magpie Gemstones is the epitome of the family run business. Everyone in the family is involved in some capacity and each person takes his or her role quite seriously. I guess that's why it works. Observing this family business for several year, I am struck most by the their ability to work hard all day and then enjoy one another's company at night. They seem to do a good job of keeping the business in perspective with family life.

Since I've run a cattle business with my husband for the past 13 years, I can truly appreciate how well all those Magpies work and play together. There is just that one thing. During a meeting last week, the youngest Magpie suggested they take more time off, but don't worry, following careful consideration of this suggestion, the elders prevailed and you will still be receiving your orders promptly.















You might want to think about ordering some of the gorgeous pendants made by Clay Genie that just went into the store. Just in case you don't know about this artist, Jean Christen, I enjoyed writing an article about her which you can read at the following address: http://www.magpiegemstones.com/clay_genie.html Magpie Gemstones has stayed with this artist for many years largely due to the fine quality of her work. It is not like that of any other clay artist I've seen.















I also wanted to mention the amazonite that is in the store now. I was particularly inamored with the lovely rondelles and showed them to one of my customers. She also liked the nuggets; so I guess I will be ordering both since "staying together" with my customers makes sense to me.

We hope you will "stay" with Magpie Gemstones and appreciate this family business. I know that the family appreciates the customers!

. . . staying together to serve you, we are Magpie Gemstones.



No comments:

Post a Comment