December 19, 2011

Wishing

When my mother hears a person wish for something, she usually says "if wishes were horses, then beggars would ride." Do you remember that nursery rhyme? I'm not sure of the country of its origin, but I think it can have meaning everywhere. My mom's recitation usually falls in her advice category of "wishing" doesn't make things happen; you have to get out there and go for it.


She's probably right, but a little "wishing" can't hurt once in a while. For many of you, it may be your time of giving to others and finding out their wishes certainly does help. For example, I'm wishing for some of these rustic rubies that went in the Magpie Gemstones store this week. Those colors fit quite nicely with what I'm wearing this time of the year.


OR . . . since I have a January birthday, some garnets are always something nice to wish about. When you wear your birthstone, no matter what it is, I find it interesting how many people notice and tell you its also their birthstone. Hmm . . perhaps that's a new way to meet people.

Shades of red also adorn the Magpie tree this year. We might have guessed that it would be decorated with gemstones. Garlands of turquoise and pearls set the background for lovely charms made with muscovite. I have to admit, I've never seen one like it.

If you've been wishing for more free information about making jewelry, you've come to the right place.We've been busy this week writing and videoing for you. I spent time examining various websites to find those that can offer you good information at zero cost. You can search my findings at ttp://www.magpiegemstones.com/jewelrytutorials.html If you have wishes for something free, this is a good start.


Szarka made a new video for you showing how she creates the tree of life pendants. I'm going to wish that mine would turn out as well as hers. Yet, following my mother's advise, I'm also going to practice making them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6408X5t23g These look like just the thing to work on when its cold outside and cozy indoors.

As December winds down, Magpie wishes you the best and we hope that all your wishes DO come true!

Wishing you happiness, we are Magpie Gemstones.

Karen Meador, writer
www.dreamcatcherranch/designs

No comments:

Post a Comment