March 26, 2011

Keeping Up

It seems as though every person I've talked with in the last few days has been running. No, not the kind of running that keeps you fit, but the kind of running you do when you're trying to catch up with yourself. Maybe you have children and are trying to juggle all the school activities while maintaining some semblance of your jewelry making. Perhaps your customers have suddenly realized it really is Spring and they need new jewelry to perk them up. There's also the possibility that all manner of other activities have you running hither and yon.


Here at Magpie Gemstones, we feel like we've been running too. As I write this blog entry, I really wanted to show you the new stones that are going into the store, but I can't keep up. Every time I think I know just which pictures to show you, owner, Szarka, puts in more beauties and I'm afraid to show them to you for fear they will disappear before you read this. That's how fast things are moving around here. So, if you want some of the new stones, put your running shoes on and trot to the website to grab some. Here are just a very few of the new beauties. They are apatite, lemon quartz and multicolored spiney oyster, from left to right.





You might also need your running shoes to race on out to Alpine, Texas in April. Kateri will be there in a booth loaded with gemstones for your viewing pleasure. The date is April 15 and you can come and celebrate the completion of your taxes with Magpie Gemstones.



I hope you realize that Szarka isn't just the owner of Magpie Gemstones, but is also a jewelry artist. I think that must be why she is able to acquire what we need for our own designs. Lately, she has keep quite busy with her own jewelry orders and I've been able to grab some inspiration from the photos she displays. It's neat that she always encourages us to shamelessly copy her work. Hmm . . . I don't recall every being told that before. Oh well, things are just really different around this business. You can see her work at http://www.szarkas.com/ Also, I hope you enjoy seeing the client blog wherein we find pictures of jewelry designed with gemstones from this store and submitted for posting by clients like you. http://www.turquoisemagpie.blogspot.com/


It's late in the evening as I finish this post, but in the morning, let's put on our running shoes and I'll race you to the corner. I've got to stay in shape to keep up around here!


Remember, we're all running and working for you at Magpie Gemstones!

No comments:

Post a Comment