March 19, 2011

Spring Swimming

"Too cold for swimming?" No, not really. It's Spring! The birds are singing. The flowers and trees are budding. The pollen is flying and Magpie Gemstones is swimming in beads. So come on in, the water is fine!





As you know from last week's Tick Tock post, Magpie owner, Szarka, has been gone and has just returned from a big buying trip. This was a really, truly B I G buying trip. After a full week of anticipating her return from the trip, I then had to wait again for the beads to arrive. When the truck containing them got here, I thought the boxes would never stop coming out of it.There were 1100 pounds of beauties. Yesterday, I had an opportunity to finally see what came in the boxes and let me tell you, it was pretty cool! I wish I had a video to show you what I saw, but then you would have to listen to all my oohs and aahs as each bag of beads was opened. They were gorgeous - simply gorgeous and there was an excellent range of colors, types, sizes and prices. I think Szarka found something for each of us and this has left the entire staff swimming in beads. The photos display a mere a smidgen of what awaits us when the beads make their way into the Magpie store.



Are you drooling yet? My mind keeps racing back to the gemstones I saw and the myriad of opportunities they hold for making beautiful pieces of jewelry. I guess that means I'm just going to have to start that "tick, tock" again as I wait for the beads to show up on line. All I can say is I hope the staff can "work harder FASTER" so we customers can also be swimming in beads.


. . . still working for you, we are Magpie Gemstones.

No comments:

Post a Comment