March 12, 2011

Tick, Tock . . .


I'm just sitting around waiting for Magpie owner, Szarka, to return from this week's buying trip in Los Angeles. Her facebook page has tempted us with a few of the goodies that she has acquired, but I want to get the whole story. It's always exciting to learn about the finds from these trips, but it does mean a rush at the job. For example, once the gemstones and other goodies arrives, they don't just hop right into the store. Everyone has their own job pertaining to the new beads and this can mean anything from completing the inventory, photoing the loot to writing the descriptions and getting them onto a webpage in the store. Whew, it's times like this that I'm glad I'm only the writer!



Have you looked at the green kyanite that is in the store now? It's a great color for this Spring when everything seems to be sporting at least a touch of green.




I worked with some Magpie blue kyanite last night and am ready to grab some of the green. You can see the beautiful blue kyanite creations of Bead Spirit Designs on the customer's blog at http://www.turquoisemagpie.blogspot.com/. My customers like kyanite largely due to the muted colors and because it has such a different look to the other gemstones. The more I write about it, the more I know that I'd better go get that green!


All is well on the home front this week where we find Mapie husband recovering nicely from his recent heart attack and everyone else holding their own. We hope you and yours are doing the same.

. . . still working for you at Magpie Gemstones.

No comments:

Post a Comment