January 18, 2012

The Clearing

I don't know about you, but I'm still trying to get my studio cleared after a nice holiday rush. Several of my beady friends have mentioned doing the same and although January is not Spring Cleaning time, I guess we could call it clearing time. My clearing also involves a good deal of desk work as I prepare information for taxes, start the new 2012 files and carefully store those from 2011.

Magpie Gemstones has done a good deal of clearing in the last couple of weeks. I hope you haven't missed out on the 20% off sale and have successfully completed your part of helping clear the beads. Usually when I go to a sale, I realize that things were put on sale because no one bought them. That's definitely NOT the case at Magpie. The beads are all on sale because the company must make room for those they will pick up soon in Tuscon. Now, there are two ways to look at this. Should I wait and get those beads they find in Tuscon or should I go ahead and get beads now. hmm . . . 20% off of everything now or wait for the regular, but good prices later. . . I say grab some of these goodies while we can!


During this clearing at Magpie, the company has found a few things they didn't realize were in hiding. Look at these beautiful drops and think what you could do with them. I'm considering whether to use them in pendant form or strung with others in a long strand. What do you think?

I appreciate being able to get the sunstone beads that are available at such a great price. I have previously used a good many of these mixed with other colors as well as by themselves. The schiller on these realy catches the eye. I also think they are a great transitional colors since they are not too dark even for Spring designs.

If you are doing any wire wrapping I think you would enjoy Szarka's new video, How to Wire Wrap an Arrowhead or Sharks Tooth  Even if you aren't planning to wrap either, this method can be used for some other shaped stones because she shows us how to make a type of sling for the stone to sit in. I think you would see many possible variations of this technique. Perhaps this method would get you going on clearing out a few of those stones that you have previously wondered what to do with. We would enjoy seeing a photo of what you make.

Clearing out to give you the best possible buys, we are Magpie Gemstones.

Karen Meador, writer
www.dreamcatcherranch.net/designs

No comments:

Post a Comment